In accordance with the latest advice indoor sporting activities are to be cancelled for the foreseeable future. This will include martial arts.
I have asked senior instructors to consider ways to stay connected with students and their families and to explore options for online classes. The technology available should make this relatively easy I hope.
If taking the opportunity to train outdoors then strict distancing between students and students between instructors of 2 metres is to be maintained.
You can read the latest Government advice by following this link.
Further to the official advice students should wash their hands before and after training, bring their own towel and their own water bottle.
Classes will be predominantly basics and hyung and partner work is to be avoided for now.
Most importantly we all need to be taking good care, not only of ourselves but of those around us. Following the most up to date advice (see link above) and looking out for those in our close community who may need our assistance.
The health.gov.au site recommends
- covering your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- disposing of tissues properly
- washing your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet
- using alcohol-based hand sanitisers
- cleaning and disinfecting surfaces
- if you are sick, avoiding contact with others and staying more than 1.5 metres away from people
- cleaning and sanitising frequently used objects such as mobiles, keys and wallets
Anthony Sa Bom Nim